THE NEW SCIENCE AND SPIRITUALITY READER
Bridging the gap between science and the world’s great spiritual traditions to move our worldview forward.
With contributions from 28 leading scientists and spiritual thinkers, including:
- Michael Beckwith;
- Deepak Chopra;
- Larry Dossey;
- Amit Goswami;
- Stanislav Grof;
- Jean Houston;
- Barbara Marx Hubbard;
- José Argüelles;
- Peter Russell.
- Offers strategies to promote the fusion of science and spirituality.
- Explores phenomena at the crossroads of science and religion, such as the nonlocal mind, conscious evolution, and quantum consciousness.
Edited by Nobel Prize nominee Ervin Laszlo and WorldShift International cofounder Kingsley Dennis, this volume brings together 28 leading scientists and spiritual thinkers for a game-changing conversation on bridging the gap between science and religion. With contributions by Michael Beckwith, Deepak Chopra, Larry Dossey, Amit Goswami, Stanislav Grof, Jean Houston, Barbara Marx Hubbard, José Argüelles, Peter Russell, and many other prominent visionaries, this collection explores phenomena at the crossroads of science and religion, such as the non-local mind, conscious evolution, and quantum consciousness, and offers strategies to promote the fusion of science and spirituality and develop a multi-person planetary consciousness.
This book reveals higher consciousness as the bridge between science and spirit, passionate curiosity as the common ground among scientists and seekers, and the urgent need for an alliance between science and the great traditions of spiritual wisdom to move our worldview forward and meet today’s global challenges.
Table of Contents
- The Alliance of Science and Spirituality at a Time of Crisis and Transformation
- Introduction to Round One
- Consciousness and the End of the War Between Science and Religion
- J’accuse: Fuzzy Science and Sloppy Journalists
- Spirituality and the Meaning of Mysticism for Our Time
- Extended Awareness
- Introduction to Round Two
- The Real Issue
- Our Connection to Nature
SRI SRI RAVI SHANKAR
- Quantum Consciousness: The Way to Reconcile Science and Spirituality
KINGSLEY L. DENNIS
- Designing a Multiperson Planetary Consciousness
- Introduction to Round Three
- Science and Spirituality: Observations from Modern Consciousness Research
- Spirituality, Healing and Science
- Conscious Evolution as a Context for the Integration of Science and Spirituality
BARBARA MARX HUBBARD
- Retrieving the Hidden Rays of Light: A Global Partnership Is Emerging
RABBI AWRAHAM SOETENDORP
- Introduction to Round Four
- Three Strategies to Promote the Fusion of Science and Spirituality
- Finding the Holy of Holies: Sticky Particles and the Ground of All Being
- Geoesthetics: The Spiritualization of Art and the Science in the Noosphere
- Passionate Curiosity: The Stance of the Scientist, the Seeker, and the Journalist
ALISON ROSE LEVY
- Introduction to Round Five
- Consciousness: The Bridge Between Science and Spirit
- The Direct-Intuitive-Nonlocal Mind: Another Foundation for Knowledge?
- The Real Secret of How We Create Our Own Reality
- Reclaiming Science and Spirituality from the Ego
- Introduction to Round Six
- A Path Forward: Embracing Our Creative Imagination
MARILYN MANDALA SCHLITZ
- Entropy, Negentropy, and Our Moral Imagination
- Guiding Our Inner Evolution
- Changing Direction
- Introduction to Round Seven
- Deep Wisdom: The Marriage of Science and Spirituality
- The Role of Spirituality in a Worldshift
- Worldshift: Learning to Live in a Living Universe
- Spiritual Practices for This Time of Crisis
- A Call for Change — Fostering an Effective Worldshift
ERVIN LASZLO AND KINGSLEY L. DENNIS
About the Co-Authors
Ervin Laszlo is a philosopher and systems scientist. Twice nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, he has published more than 75 books and over 400 articles and research papers. The subject of the one-hour PBS special Life of a Modern-Day Genius, Laszlo is the founder and president of the international think tank the Club of Budapest and of the prestigious Laszlo Institute of New Paradigm Research. The winner of the 2017 Luxembourg Peace Prize, he lives in Tuscany. In 2019, Ervin Laszlo was cited as one of the “100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People in the World” according to Watkins Mind Body Spirit magazine.
Kingsley L. Dennis, Ph.D., is a sociologist, writer, and a cofounder of WorldShift International. The author of numerous articles on complexity theory, technologies, new media communications, and consciousness, he spends his time between Andalusia, Spain, and the United Kingdom.