Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos
by Ervin Laszlo (Author)
Presents a revolutionary new theory that bridges the divide between science and spirituality.
- Discloses the ramifications of non-localized consciousness and how the physical world and spiritual experience are two aspects of the same reality.
- Includes contributions from Jane Goodall, Ed Mitchell, Stanislav Grof, Ralph Abraham, and Christian de Quincy, among others.
What scientists are now finding at the outermost frontiers of every field is overturning all the basic premises concerning the nature of matter and reality. The universe is not a world of separate things and events but is a cosmos that is connected, coherent, and bears a profound resemblance to the visions held in the earliest spiritual traditions in which the physical world and spiritual experience were both aspects of the same reality and man and the universe were one. The findings that justify this new vision of the underlying logic of the universe come from almost all of the empirical sciences: physics, cosmology, the life sciences, and consciousness research. They explain how interactions lead to interconnections that produce instantaneous and multifaceted coherence–what happens to one part also happens to the other parts, and hence to the system as a whole. The sense of sacred oneness experienced by our ancestors that was displaced by the unyielding material presumptions of modern science can be restored, and humanity can once again feel at home in the universe.
Table of Contents
- The Amazing Coherence of (Nearly) Everything
- The amazing coherence of the body
- The amazing coherence of the universe
- The still more amazing coherence between the human body (and mind) and the universe
- The Rediscovery of the Akashic Field
- Akasha and the A-Field
- The vaccuum that connects
- Science’s new view of the world
- The Big Questions
- The birth and death of our universe
- Life on Earth and its future in the cosmos
- Consciousness and the brain
- Consciousness beyond the brain
- Consciousness in the cosmos
- The Existential Questions
- Good and evil
- The Integral Vision of Reality
- The concept of physical reality
- The nature of spiritual reality
- A Roundtable of Leading Thinkers
- The Furrows of Reality: Scientific and Spiritual Implications of the Reenchanted Cosmos
- Stanley Krippner and Brian A. Conti
- From a Mechanistic and Competititve to a Reenchanted Co-Evolving Cosmos
- Elisabet Sahtouris
- The “Metaverse Story”: Where Science Meets Spirit
- Christian de Quincey
- Consciousness in the Reenchanted Reality
- Edgar Mitchell
- The Akashic Field and the Dilemmas of Modern Consciousness Research
- Stanislav Grof
- Akasha and Consciousness
- Peter Russell
- The Reenchanted Cosmos and the Sufi View of the World
- Johannes Witteveen
- The Oneness of Objective Reality and Spiritual Truth
- Swami Kriyananda
- Reconnecting with Nature and Cosmos
- Irene van Lippe-Biesterfield
- A Mystic Journey into the Reenchanted Cosmos
- Ewert Cousins
- An Overview of the Death and Rebirth of the World Soul, 2500 B.C.E. – 2005 C.E.
- Ralph H. Abraham
- We Are Not Alone: A Concluding Note
- Jane Goodall
About the Author
Ervin Laszlo is a philosopher and systems scientist. Twice nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, he has published more than 75 books and over 400 articles and research papers. The subject of the one-hour PBS special Life of a Modern-Day Genius, Laszlo is the founder and president of the international think tank the Club of Budapest and of the prestigious Laszlo Institute of New Paradigm Research. The winner of the 2017 Luxembourg Peace Prize, he lives in Tuscany. In 2019, Ervin Laszlo was cited as one of the “100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People in the World” according to Watkins Mind Body Spirit magazine.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.