Science and the Akashic Field
by Ervin Laszlo (Author)
Presents the unifying world-concept long sought by scientists, mystics, and sages: an Integral Theory of Everything.
- Explains how modern science has rediscovered the Akashic Field of perennial philosophy.
- New edition updates ongoing scientific studies, presents new research inspired by the first edition, and includes new case studies and a section on animal telepathy.
Mystics and sages have long maintained that there exists an interconnecting cosmic field at the roots of reality that conserves and conveys information, a field known as the Akashic record. Recent discoveries in vacuum physics show that this Akashic Field is real and has its equivalent in science’s zero-point field that underlies space itself. This field consists of a subtle sea of fluctuating energies from which all things arise: atoms and galaxies, stars and planets, living beings, and even consciousness. This zero-point Akashic Field is the constant and enduring memory of the universe. It holds the record of all that has happened on Earth and in the cosmos and relates it to all that is yet to happen.
In Science and the Akashic Field, philosopher and scientist Ervin Laszlo conveys the essential element of this information field in language that is accessible and clear. From the world of science he confirms our deepest intuitions of the oneness of creation in the Integral Theory of Everything. We discover that, as philosopher William James stated, “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.”
Table of Contents
- A Meaningful Scientific Worldview for Our Time
THE FOUNDATIONS OF AN INTEGRAL THEORY OF EVERYTHING
How Information Connects Everything to Everything Else
- The Challenge of an Integral Theory of Everything
- Approaches to a Genuine TOE
- On Puzzles and Fables: Drivers of the Next Paradigm Shift in Science
- A Consice Catalog of the Puzzles of Coherence
- The Puzzles of Coherence in Quantum Physics
- The Puzzles of Coherence in Cosmology
- The Puzzles of Coherence in Biology
- The Puzzles of Coherence in Consciousness
- The Crucial Science Fable — In-Formation in Nature
- The Quantum Vacuum — or Plenum
- “In-Formation” in the Quantum Vacuum
- The Parable of the Sea
- Enter the Akashic Field
THE IN-FORMED UNIVERSE
Perennial Questions and Fresh Answers from the Integral Theory of Everything
- The Origins and Destiny of Life and the Universe
- Where Everything Came From — and Where Is It Going
- Origins and Evolution of Our Universe
- The Future of Life in the Cosmos
- Life on Earth and in the Universe
- The Future of Life in the Cosmos
- Glimpses of Ultimate Reality
- Consciousness — Human and Cosmic
- The Roots of Consciousness
- Evolutionary Panpsychism
- The Wider In-Formation of Consciousness
- The Next Evolution of Human Consciousness
- The Poetry of Akashic Vision
About the Author
Ervin Laszlo is a philosopher and systems scientist. Twice nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, he has published more than 75 books and over 400 articles and research papers. The subject of the one-hour PBS special Life of a Modern-Day Genius, Laszlo is the founder and president of the international think tank the Club of Budapest and of the prestigious Laszlo Institute of New Paradigm Research. The winner of the 2017 Luxembourg Peace Prize, he lives in Tuscany. In 2019, Ervin Laszlo was cited as one of the “100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People in the World” according to Watkins Mind Body Spirit magazine.